Home › Library development › WiredMT › Wired-MT Listserv
IntroductionSponsored by the Montana Library Association (MLA) and hosted by OCLC, this mailing list is used for communication among MLA members and anyone else who is interested in Montana library issues. This list is currently open (anyone with an Internet e-mail address can join) and unmoderated (messages are not screened before posting), but that can be changed in the future if circumstances require it.
- Montana Library Association business and activities.
- Continuing education and other events of interest to the Montana library community. Montana libraries are encouraged post notices of events from their calendars. We also encourage list members to post educational opportunities and other events on this mailing list - anything which is library related is acceptable.
- Internet tips and new resources of interest to Montana libraries. Ask your fellow librarians for help with reference questions and share Internet sites, which you have found particularly interesting or helpful.
- Any other topic, which has relevance or would be of interest to Montana librarians and library supporters from all types of libraries is encouraged and applauded. Please observe basic netiquette.
- For profit vendors are requested to not use Wired-mt for advertising. Announcements from OCLC and BCR within reason are acceptable.
To post a message
- Send the message to: <WIRED-MT-L@oclc.org>
- When posting to the list, always add a subject line. Try to use a subject line which will make it easy for people to decide whether they're interested in your posting when they are scanning their mail inbox.
- To avoid potential embarrassment, before replying to a message, pause for a moment and decide whether your response is of general interest to the list, or is of interest to just the original sender, and respond
Netiquette is Internet etiquette (or the do's and don'ts of online communication). Wired-MT subscribers are encouraged to check out netiquette guidelines found at numerous web sites.
- Send all commands to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave the SUBJECT line blank
- Include one of the following commands in the body of the message:
SUBscribe WIRED-MT-L <your name>
To subscribe yourself to the list
To remove yourself from the list
SET WIRED-MT-L NOMAIL
To stop mail while on vacation
SET WIRED-MT-L MAIL
To resume mail after returning from vacation
To retrieve a list of LISTSERV(R) commands
To obtain the LISTSERV reference card
Wired-MT messages are archived for 6 months.
Go to: http://listserv.oclc.org/archives/wired-mt-l.html