Home › Talking book library › Descriptive Video Services
Descriptive Video Services
Active library patrons can apply for descriptive video services. To sign up call: 1-800-332-3400.
1. Only certified and active (must be currently receiving books on a regular basis) patrons of the Montana Talking Book Library may check out descriptive videos. Patrons must have been on book service for six months and in good standing with MTBL services.
2. A patron may have only ONE video at a time. Another video will not be checked out until the previous one has been received by the library.
3. Each video may be checked out for ONE week. Please return the video after watching it so it will be available for others to view.
4. Patrons must request videos by telephone, in person or by mail (please, no notes in video boxes). There is no limit on the number of requests made. Videos will be sent as they are available.
5. Abuse of the descriptive video service may result in the suspension of that service to the patron. The patron is responsible for replacing a video that is damaged beyond repair.
6. The Library reserves the right to restrict video lending privileges to patrons with overdue materials.
7. The Montana Talking Book Library and staff are not liable for any damages or difficulties with videos viewed by patrons.
8. Video service is available within the state of Montana. Due to the small collection and short check-out duration, we will not mail videos to patrons while they are out of state.
9. DV's are loaned at the discretion of the MTBL.
10. If you experience trouble with the video or have any questions about the program, call the library at 1-800-332-3400.
NOTE: Please have patience in waiting for requested videos. There are a limited number of titles available in the descriptive format and there is often a waiting list for the more popular titles.