A note about independent contractors

The district may need to hire people at various times for maintenance work or even consulting with library staff and the board. Anyone who comes on the premises to do work for the library needs to have a current Independent Contractor license OR an Exemption Certificate on file with the library. If not, your Worker's Comp carrier may ding the library for not having the proper paperwork, and it affects your Worker's Comp coverage rates. Insurance carriers will be aware of this and will scrutinize the new district. For more information about independent contractors please visit the Independent Contractor Central Unit Website for more information: http://erd.dli.mt.gov/work-comp-regulations/montana-contractor

ASPeN: The New Library Directory

Events Calendar